Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wedding, part deux



Today, it is 25 days until Vern and I leave for Colorado! The wedding is in 32 days! Eek! I'm so excited!

Tonight, we are hoping to choose music for the string quartet to play. We already have some sure things, but we have to pick some more that we like and then we'll just tell them to play whatever they like for the rest of the time. It's a string quartet, so I'm sure whatever they play will be beautiful.

My parents contacted some Catholic priests in Colorado Springs to check with them about doing the ceremony--they were "order" priests, meaning that they live in an order with other priests, similar to monks. However, my dad found out that they will not marry us unless we have one year of marriage classes, due to the high level of divorces now-a-days. Also, in order (pardon the pun) for them to do a ceremony outdoors, we would have to get a special dispensation from the Bishop, which could take who knows how long. So that's a dead end.

My parents are now going to try some retired priests, in the hopes that they may be a little more lenient in terms of the outdoors and whether or not we have classes. So we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, we may check with some friends of my parents who have a [protestant] minister friend who might do it. And from there, we'll likely go to a justice of the peace, or else I will ask my friend Simone to do it. We'll see what happens.

I am really looking forward to being married. I am excited for that chapter of my life to begin. But I am also enjoying the journey.

Love,
Clare

No comments: